Finally, spring has come in Japan!
We had snow at the beginning of this month, but it’s getting warmer from this week.
Fava bean is one of the spring vegetable here, and the Tsukiji market started to sell it this week 🙂
I made brown rice Risotto for our Dinner with fava beans and salmon, to have spring color.
1 cup of brown rice
1.5 cups of vegetable soup stock
1 clove of garlick
1 onion, chopped finely
2 salmon fillet
10 fava beans
100g of mountain cheese
this time, I used 3 months, 8 months, 13 months mountain cheese mixed together.
1. Ｗash the rice, soak in the water for 30mins, then drain the water.
(if you use white rice, you don’t need to wash it)
2. Place the olive oil, garlick and onion in the pan then cook until the onion became soft.
Add the rice then keep cooking until the rice became clear color.
3. Add the soup stock little by little then place salmon on top. Place a lid then cook it for 50mins.
4. Meanwhile boil the fava beans in the boiled water (add 1 Tbs. sake in the waterfor 2 mins, peel off the skin.
5. Mix all the ingredients wee and remove the salmon skin.