Gyoza, Japanese dumpling, is made from pork and vegetable.
It’s one of my favorite, I sometimes change the filling to enjoy different taste, and I made up very tasty vegetarian Gyoza today so I want to share with you!
4 leaves of cabbage
1 pack of spinach
2 bundle of Japanese mustard spinach
1 bottle of seitan(170g)
1 clove of garlick, finely chopped
1 piece of ginger, finely chopped
1 pack of Gyoza skin (20-30 pieces)
2 Tbs. Mirin ( or you can use smaller portion or sugar)
– this time, I used whole wheet dumplin skin, but you can also use regular skin
– I used three kinds of vegetable, but please use any kind of seasonal vegetable you have (it’s better to use something less waterly one)
– Seitan is wheat gluten.
but normally soaked in soy sauce and the saltiness is depend on the brands, so please boil it in the water for few minutes to remove excess salt if you think it’s too salty.
1. Place vegetable oil, chopped garlick and ginger in the pan then heat it up. When you have good garlic flavor, add all the chopped vegetables.
2. When all the vegetables became soft, add Seitan and mirin. Keep cooking until all the liquids is gone. Adjust the taste with salt. Cool it down.
3. Wrap the Gyoza. (you can use any ways to wrap them)
4. Place sesame oil in the pan then place Gyozas. When the bottom became brown, add 20cc- water in the pan the place a lid. Steam for few minutes.
I normally make the Gyoza sauce, mixed with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili oil.
And we also had Nama-Shirasu since the season just started ❤