Do you like pickled ginger when you have Sushi?
It’s very refreshing and I can’t stop eating it always!
It’s the best season for 新生姜 (Shin-shoga), New ginger in Japan and it’s very nice for making Gari (pickled ginger) 🙂
If you have the ingrediets, please try it.
You would love it and it’s much more tasty than the package one!
Shin Shoga (New ginger) as much as you like
(A) 200cc of rice vinegar
(A) 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar
(A) 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Slice the ginger into thin pieces with the skin on. This time, I used peeler.
The pink coloskin help the ginger to be pink color so please don’t peel off.
2. Put a pinch of salt on the sliced ginger and leave it for five minutes.
3. Boil the sliced ginger for 1-2 minutes.
4. In another pan, place all the (A)s then bring to boil. Once it boils, stop the gas and cool it down.
5. Place the ginger and the sauce in a container then leave it in the fridge for 1-5 days.
#This time, the pink part of the ginger was kind of small, and also Myoga (Japanese ginger) is my favorite thing, so I marinate the Myoga with the sliced ginger together in the same container. (after boil the Myoga for few minutes)
Then you can get very cute pink color, and also enjoy the pickled Myoga at the same time!
This pickled ginger is 1 day after marinating.. Isn’t it beautiful color? 🙂
I enjoyed them with home made Saba-Zushi today ❤